We are starting a new series here at A Drop at a Thyme called Tasty Tuesdays! We will feature various recipes using Young Living products. Today we are starting out with my very favorite, my afternoon pick me up drink of choice the Ningxia Lime with a boost!
Let’s talk about why I love this drink so much and not just because it tastes amazingly delicious!
So why should you drink Ningxia?!
- This delicious drink is carefully selected for its health and flavor profiles, the blend of orange, yuzu, lemon, and tangerine essential oils found in NingXia Red is packed with 93% d-limonene- a potent antioxidant and a marker for bioactivity. Along with NingXia Red’s premium flavor, these essential oils also aid in maintaining the body’s normal cellular function
- It tastes great and is even good for you! The new NingXia Red, now Halal and Kosher certified, contains no artificial sugars and has a unique, balanced flavor profile that captures the pure essence of the Ningxia wolfberry. The natural flavor is further enhanced by zero-calorie stevia (Rebaudioside A), essential oils, plus blueberry, cherry, and aronia juice. In fact, when compared to other similar superfruit beverages in a major university study, the new NingXia Red was preferred by 77% of participants over all other options in a blind taste panel!
- Who doesn’t need long-lasting energy support? The long-term use of wolfberries (Lycium barbarum) may contribute to agility, longevity, and vitality. In fact, recent studies indicate that drinks containing wolfberry exhibit longer-lasting supportive effects on energy and caloric metabolism. NingXia Red is an easy way to get pure, premium Ningxia wolfberries and experience natural, sustained support for energy without the crashes and harmful side effects of coffee or energy drinks.
- It fortifies the body and replenishes key nutrients. The combination of whole wolfberries—the juice, peel, seeds, and fruit—with pomegranate and plum juice delivers vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, and phytonutrients. NingXia Red also contains zeaxanthin, a carotenoid suggested to enhance healthy visual function. Recent studies on the consumption of wolfberries and whole fruit juices recommend 2 to 4 ounces for optimal support.
- It is great for revitalizing, full-body protection! The combination of blueberry, grape seed extract, aronia, and pomegranate—some of the world’s most antioxidant-rich fruits—helps increase the S-ORAC level more than 30% over previous formulations. These levels were independently tested and may help defend against damage caused by free radicals
As if that’s not reason enough to drink this awesome drink, let’s also talk about the added benefits of Ningxia Nitro and Lime essential oil.
- Increases mental fitness, cognitive alertness, and physical acuity
- Enhances athletic performance and endurance
- Boosts energy and serves as a daily pick-me-up
And now you know why I add it for that afternoon pick-me up. You know the one most of us need when are feet start to drag and the day seems to slow down? That’s when I drink it! Lastly, let’s talk about lime!
More mental clarity in the afternoon? Yes please! Immune boosting? Even better! Plus when I drink this in the afternoon I tend t forego the candy I hide in the pantry. Honestly, I was surprised how much I liked the addition of lime to my Ningxia. Typically the only way I enjoy lime is in a margarita so I was pleasantly surprised to see how much I enjoyed this combo!
So, what’s your favorite way to add essential oils to your Ningxia Red or do you prefer it straight?