We are starting a new series here at A Drop at a Thyme called Tasty Tuesdays! We will feature various recipes using Young Living products. Today we are starting out with my very favorite, my afternoon pick me up drink of choice the Ningxia Lime with a boost!
Let’s talk about why I love this drink so much and not just because it tastes amazingly delicious!
So why should you drink Ningxia?!
- This delicious drink is carefully selected for its health and flavor profiles, the blend of orange, yuzu, lemon, and tangerine essential oils found in NingXia Red is packed with 93% d-limonene- a potent antioxidant and a marker for bioactivity. Along with NingXia Red’s premium flavor, these essential oils also aid in maintaining the body’s normal cellular function
- It tastes great and is even good for you! The new NingXia Red, now Halal and Kosher certified, contains no artificial sugars and has a unique, balanced flavor profile that captures the pure essence of the Ningxia wolfberry. The natural flavor is further enhanced by zero-calorie stevia (Rebaudioside A), essential oils, plus blueberry, cherry, and aronia juice. In fact, when compared to other similar superfruit beverages in a major university study, the new NingXia Red was preferred by 77% of participants over all other options in a blind taste panel!
- Who doesn’t need long-lasting energy support? The long-term use of wolfberries (Lycium barbarum) may contribute to agility, longevity, and vitality. In fact, recent studies indicate that drinks containing wolfberry exhibit longer-lasting supportive effects on energy and caloric metabolism. NingXia Red is an easy way to get pure, premium Ningxia wolfberries and experience natural, sustained support for energy without the crashes and harmful side effects of coffee or energy drinks.
- It fortifies the body and replenishes key nutrients. The combination of whole wolfberries—the juice, peel, seeds, and fruit—with pomegranate and plum juice delivers vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, and phytonutrients. NingXia Red also contains zeaxanthin, a carotenoid suggested to enhance healthy visual function. Recent studies on the consumption of wolfberries and whole fruit juices recommend 2 to 4 ounces for optimal support.
- It is great for revitalizing, full-body protection! The combination of blueberry, grape seed extract, aronia, and pomegranate—some of the world’s most antioxidant-rich fruits—helps increase the S-ORAC level more than 30% over previous formulations. These levels were independently tested and may help defend against damage caused by free radicals
As if that’s not reason enough to drink this awesome drink, let’s also talk about the added benefits of Ningxia Nitro and Lime essential oil.
So why would you want to add Nitro to the already tasty Ningxia Red?
- Increases mental fitness, cognitive alertness, and physical acuity
- Enhances athletic performance and endurance
- Boosts energy and serves as a daily pick-me-up
And now you know why I add it for that afternoon pick-me up. You know the one most of us need when are feet start to drag and the day seems to slow down? That’s when I drink it! Lastly, let’s talk about lime!
More mental clarity in the afternoon? Yes please! Immune boosting? Even better! Plus when I drink this in the afternoon I tend t forego the candy I hide in the pantry. Honestly, I was surprised how much I liked the addition of lime to my Ningxia. Typically the only way I enjoy lime is in a margarita so I was pleasantly surprised to see how much I enjoyed this combo!
So, what’s your favorite way to add essential oils to your Ningxia Red or do you prefer it straight?
One of my very favorite things to do is give gifts to other people. I’ve always got someone in the back of my mind when I’m out and about shopping. The other day I was at Marshall’s looking for decor for our new house when I spotted these awesome cups. I’ll admit at first I was solely thinking about myself and how I couldn’t wait to drink my citrus oils in water from these cute cups. It didn’t take long for me to quickly think about the business builders I’d be having over so I went and ahead and bought all they had in stock! These would make the perfect business builder gift and I couldn’t wait to give them my team.
Convention had just come to an end and I was super excited to share all the awesome new products with my leaders and let them see the ones that I had purchased (KidScents Collection, Aroma Ease, MindWise, Einkorn Pancakes, Einkorn Spaghetti, and the True Grit Syrup). I also wanted to share with them a few highlights from the sessions I had attended and my awesome experience at the farm. (PS Expect to see blog posts soon for your very own update on the farm experience)
So, let’s get back to the cups since that’s really what you are here for! If you didn’t know already then you should note that if you wish to add citrus oils to your water that you need to drink out of a glass or stainless steel item. The citrus oils eat petrochemicals and will eat paper or styrofoam right up! If you want to test this out for yourself then grab a styrofoam cup and put a drop of lemon on it. Within minutes it will eat through it! This is the very reason we want to consume citrus oils anyway so that we can clean out our systems of petrochemicals. So, go grab yourself a glass (or cute stainless steel cup) and some lemon oil and drink up. I typically add 2-4 drops of EO to my 8 oz glass. A personal citrus oil favorite is 2 drops grapefruit and 1 drop lemon!
So each of my builders got a cup with a little gift tag that I stamped with a thank you! I’m so very thankful for all the hard work my builders put in each month and hope they enjoy these cups! I got these super cute gift tags in the Target dollar spot and the stamp came from Hobby Lobby (though I totally have another one very similar also from the Target dollar spot).
You could add a sample dram of your favorite citrus oils to each of the cups for a class hostess or new member for another fun idea!
What’s your favorite citrus oil to add to your water?
Since starting to use Young Living I’ve realized just how many chemicals we have in our home so I’ve been slowly kicking all of them to the curb. I have a love for carpet deodorizer but realized it probably didn’t have the best ingredients in it so I chunked it a couple of months ago and have been really missing it. So why not make my own natural carpet deodorizer instead?
The best part is it’s so easy to make and you probably already have the ingredients available. All you need is a mason jar, a box of baking soda and a bottle of essential oils. I personally chose Young Living lavender essential oil. Another really great one to use would be Purification as it’s notorious for purifying the air and would be a great addition to a natural carpet deodorizer.
I filled the jar 1/3 way with baking soda then added 5 drops of Lavender. Then I filled the jar with another 1/3 baking soda and added 10 more drops of Lavender. Lastly, I finished filling the jar with baking soda and added about 5 more drops. Then I shook it up and headed for the carpets!
I got my particular lid in the Target dollar spot, but I know they sell similar tops on Amazon and at Hobby Lobby. You could also drill holes through the top of a regular lid or I’ve seen some people use a Parmesan cheese bottle instead. If you did decide to use a Parmesan bottle do yourself a favor and DO NOT use a citrus oil for your essential oil of choice or it will eat through the plastic! Personally, I’d rather just stick to the glass so I don’t have to worry about it!
Handmade gifts are some of my favorite gifts and I really wanted to do something special for my daughters teachers at church. They have been such a blessing over the past year and she’s moved on up to the next age group now. So last weekend I decided to whip up a couple of handmade bath salts using essential oils to gift to them.
The best part about handmade gifts is that you can really cater them to the person you are making them for if you would like or you can leave it a bit ambiguous. As I made these bath salts I thought about the people that worked in my daughters room and what their needs might be. One of the girls is a working mom so I thought lavender for a relaxing evening after a long day would be nice. Another one of the girls does cross fit so I thought she might enjoy a valor soak! Sadly, I don’t know the other girl as well but based on my knowledge I think she’s a teacher so I thought peace & calming would be a good option!
I could have made them all the same bath salts but I wanted them to be able to choose which one they wanted. Plus they were each able to smell the three of them and get a little more familiar with the Young Living essential oils in general. The only thing I might have done differently is printed out uses cards to share what each of the oils were used for so they’d know a little bit more about that specific oil.
I’ve also heard that adding 2 tsp of baking soda is a great idea and will leave the skin soft and just a little bit cleaner! I’ll be adding that to my next batch to try it out.